Georgie Lee, writing as
Georgie Blalock, sold her first historical fiction, The Other Windsor Girl to William Morrow for a Fall, 2019 release.
More news to come!
Miss Bell's Ballroom Betrothal,
a free short story by me, is now up on the Harlequin Blog. Read it here!
Read Georgie's log
2016 Pages from the Heart Contest Finalist - Published Historical - Unpublished Manuscript
Captain Rose' Redemption (formerly Pirate's Bargain) - contracted to Harlequin for a June 2018 release
2016 First Coast Romance Writers National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award Finalist - A Debt Paid in Marriage
2014 ACRA Readers' Choice Award - Engagement of Convenience
1st Place, Historical
2014 International Digital Award - Hero's Redemption
1st Place, Historical Short
Award winning author Georgie Lee was born and raised in San Diego where she also attended college, majoring in television and film production. She began her professional writing career at a local cable TV station writing marketing videos, promotional spots and public service announcements, some of which still haunt the airwaves.
Blinded by the dazzling lights of Hollywood, she headed north to Los Angeles where she earned her MA in Screenwriting, met her husband, and settled into a career in the interesting but strange world of the entertainment industry.
A lifelong history buff, Georgie hasn’t given up hope that she will one day inherit a title and a manor house. Until then, she fulfills her dreams of lords, ladies and a season in London through her stories. When not writing, she can be found reading non-fiction history or watching any movie with a costume and an accent.
"An exciting spy novel with a Gothic twist that showcases character growth, intrigue, history and a second chance at love is what many readers enjoy and what Lee delivers."
- 4 Stars RT Book Reviews on Courting Danger with Mr. Dyer
"In this nicely written love story, Lee brings together a music-loving heroine and an ex Naval surgeon-turned author, both of whom are beset by their private demons. She infuses her novel with a fine overview of the power of music along with the trials and tribulations of the written word, intelligent characters, sensuality and compassion."
- 4 Stars RT Book Reviews on Miss Marianne's Disgrace
"Lee continues to captivate. Book two in her Business of Marriage series is another great marriage of convenience. There’s tension, turmoil and drama on every page. Riveting."
- 4 Stars RT Book Reviews on A Too Convenient Marriage
“Lee takes readers on an uncomplicated, but sexy romp…” – RT Book Reviews on
A Debt Paid in Marriage
"A Debt Paid in Marriage is a quick, but sweetly romantic read, and one I’d certainly recommend to anyone looking for an historical that isn’t full of dukes, earls, and debutantes." - All About Romance
“Lee's novel hits the sweet spot." – RT Book Reviews on Engagement of Convenience
“Georgie Lee is rapidly becoming one of my must read authors.” – Loves Reading Romance on Hero’s Redemption
“Labor Relations is a novel that is fun, entertaining, and with enough romance to keep you coming back for more.” – Coffee Time Romance
“Even though Lee reveals the less-than-romantic working side of Hollywood in this well-crafted tale, the Hollywood happy ending will please readers and create fans.” – Patty Engelmann, Booklist on Labor Relations
Contraception, Pregnancy & Childbirth in History
- Beau Monde Online Class, May 1 - 14, 2019.
Register at https://thebeaumonde.com/register/
- Low Country RWA, March 2017 Online Class
- RWASD Online Class, September 2016
Medicine Before 1840: How to Heal or Kill Your Characters
- RWASD Online Class, February 2018
- Low Country RWA, November 2016 Online Class
- RWASD Online Class, June 2015
Medicine After 1840: More Ways to Heal or Kill Your Characters
- RWASD Online Class, April 2017
Historic Battlefield Medicine
- St. Dunstan's Centerpoint Presenter, January 2018
- Low Country RWA Online Class, August 2016
- RWASD Online Class, March 2016
- Beau Monde Online Class, April 2015
- Gulf Coast Chapter RWA Chapter Meeting Presenter, September 2015
- Outreach International Romance Writers Meeting Presenter, September 2015
Potions, Pills & Poppies: How to Ease Your Character's Pain Or Put Them Out of Their Misery
- March, 2017 California Dreamin' Writer's Conference.
- April, 2018 St. Dunstans Centerpoint Presentation
The Education and Training of Medical Professionals in Regency England
- July 12, 2016 Beau Monde Conference
Squeezing Writing Into a Busy Life - Simple tips to write every day and reach your goals
- RWASD PRO Breakfast, February 2015
The Poetry of Writing - Using techniques from poetry to enhance your descriptive writing - RWASD Workshop Roundtable, June 2015
Marketing the Old Fashioned Way - How to increase your sales and readership through face to face interaction and word of mouth
- RWASD PRO Breakfast, March 2014
Regency Christmas Traditions
- Friends of East County Arts Meeting, November 2017
- Victorian Ladies Society, San Diego, December 2014
Copyright 2013. Georgie Lee. All rights reserved.